Annunciati i finalisti del World Fantasy Award
La World Fantasy Award Administration ha annunciato le nominations del World Fantasy Award 2018.
I vincitori saranno premiati durante la World Fantasy Convention che si terrà dal 1 al 4 novembre a Baltimore, Maryland.
Qui sotto la lista completa delle nominations.
The World Fantasy Award Administration has announced the World Fantasy Award nominations for 2018.
The awards will be presented at the World Fantasy Convention, 1-4 November, in Baltimore, Maryland.
The full list of the nominations follows.
For 2018, the Life Achievement Award will be presented to:
- Charles de Lint
- Elizabeth Wollheim
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty (Harper Voyager)
- Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr by John Crowley (Saga Press)
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss (Saga Press)
- Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory (Bond Street Books CA/Knopf US/riverrun UK)
- The Changeling by Victor LaValle (Spiegel & Grau/Canongate Press UK)
- Jade City by Fonda Lee (Orbit)
LONG FICTION 10,000 to 40,000 words
- The Teardrop Method by Simon Avery (TTA Press)
- In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle (Tachyon Publications)
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones (Tor.com)
- Passing Strange by Ellen Klages (Tor.com)
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang (Tor.com)
SHORT FICTION under 10,000 words
- “Old Souls” by Fonda Lee (Where the Stars Rise: Asian Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™” by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex Magazine, Aug. 2017)
- “The Birding: A Fairy Tale” by Natalia Theodoridou (Strange Horizons, Dec. 18, 2017)
- “Clearly Lettered in a Mostly Steady Hand” by Fran Wilde (Uncanny Magazine, Sept.-Oct. 2017)
- “Carnival Nine” by Caroline Yoachim (Beneath Ceaseless Skies, May 11, 2017)
ANTHOLOGY multiple author original or reprint single or multiple editors
- The New Voices of Fantasy, edited by Peter S. Beagle and Jacob Weisman (Tachyon Publications)
- Black Feathers: Dark Avian Tales, edited by Ellen Datlow (Pegasus Books)
- The Book of Swords, edited by Gardner Dozois (Bantam Books US/Harper Voyager UK)
- The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories, edited by Mahvesh Murad & Jared Shurin (Solaris)
- The Best of Subterranean edited by William Schafer (Subterranean Press)
COLLECTION single author/team original or reprint single or multiple editors
- Wicked Wonders by Ellen Klages (Tachyon Publications)
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado (Graywolf Press/Serpent’s Tail UK)
- Down and Out in Purgatory: The Collected Stories of Tim Powers by Tim Powers (Baen Books)
- Tender: Stories by Sofia Samatar (Small Beer Press)
- The Emerald Circus by Jane Yolen (Tachyon Publications)
- Gregory Manchess
- Victo Ngai
- Omar Rayyan
- Rima Staines
- Fiona Staples
SPECIAL AWARD PROFESSIONAL
- Harry Brockway, Patrick McGrath, and Danel Olson for Writing Madness(Centipede Press)
- C.C. Finlay, for F&SF editing
- Irene Gallo, for Art Direction at Tor Books and Tor.com
- Greg Ketter, for DreamHaven Books
- Leslie Klinger, for The New Annotated Frankenstein (Liveright Publishing Corp.)
SPECIAL AWARD NON-PROFESSIONAL
- Scott H. Andrews, for Beneath Ceaseless Skies: Literary Adventure Fantasy
- Justina Ireland and Troy L. Wiggins, for FIYAH: Magazine of Black Speculative Fiction.
- Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali and Jen R Albert, for PodCastle.
- Ray B. Russell and Rosalie Parker, for Tartarus Press
- Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas, for Uncanny Magazine
Pubblicato il 30 luglio 2018, in Art, Arte, Cultura, Culture, Letteratura, Literature con tag award, Ellen Datlow, fantastico, fantasy, premio, Sofia Samatar, Victor LaValle, World Fantasy Awards, World Fantasy Convention. Aggiungi il permalink ai segnalibri. Lascia un commento.