Archivio mensile:novembre 2018
Momento d’oro per le opere di Shirley Jackson. Dopo il successo di The Haunting of Hill House, la serie Netflix diretta da Mike Flanagan, già noto per film horror come Oujae Oculus, è il momento per il film We Have Always Lived in the Castle, uscito nel settembre di quest’anno per la regia di Stacie Passon.
Il film è tratto dall’omonimo romanzo del 1962, pubblicato in Italia per la prima volta nel 1990 con il titolo Così dolce, così innocente. Tra i protagonisti del film Crispin Glover, noto agli appassionati del fantastico soprattutto per il ruolo di Mr World in American Gods.
It is a golden era now for Shirley Jackson’s works. After the success of the Netflix tv serie The Haunting of Hill House directed by Mike Flanagan, already known for the horror movie Oujae Oculus, here the movie We Have Always Lived in the Castle, launched this September and directed by Stacie Passon.
The movie is inspired by the 1962 novel with the same title, published in Italy for the first time in 1990 as Così dolce, così innocente. One of the main actors is Crispin Glover, known by the fans of the fantastic genre for the role of Mr World in American Gods.
Sono aperte le iscrizioni per la partecipazione al Premio Hypnos 2019, dedicato al racconto fantastico e weird, giunto ormai alla sua sesta edizione.
Il premio, indetto da Edizioni Hypnos, è destinato a opere in lingua italiana e inedite, di massimo 60.000 caratteri. Ogni partecipante potrà presentare fino a due opere, entro il 3 febbraio, data ultima per l’invio dei racconti.
Maggiori informazioni sul bando a questo link.
Call for Entries for the Sixth edition of Premio Hypnos, the italian award dedicated to weird literature, promoted by Edizioni Hypnos.
The award is open to short stories, in italian language, never published before: the works can be sent for entry until February 2019, 3th.
Here the link with all the details about the award
Sono stati annunciati i vincitori dei World Fantasy Awards 2018, che si sono svolti alla World Fantasy Convention in Baltimora, insieme alla celebrazione dei 200 anni di Frankestein di Mary Shelley.
Qui sotto la lista di tutti i finalisti, con evidenziati i vincitori per categoria.
The winners for the 2018 World Fantasy Awards have been announced during the ceremony held at the World Fantasy Convention in Baltimore, and included a celebration of the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
The full list of nominees follows, with winners in bold.
- Winner (Tie): The Changeling by Victor LaValle (Spiegal & Grau)
- Winner (Tie): Jade City by Fonda Lee (Orbit)
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty (Harper Voyager)
- Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymir by John Crowley (Saga Press)
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss (Saga Press)
- Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory (Bond Street Books CA/Knopf US/Riverrun UK)
LONG FICTION (10,000 to 40,000 words)
- Winner: Passing Strange by Ellen Klages (Tor.com)
- The Teardrop Method by Simon Avery (TTA Press)
- In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle (Tachyon Publications)
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones (Tor.com)
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang (Tor.com)
SHORT FICTION (under 10,000 words)
- Winner: “The Birding: A Fairy Tale” by Natalia Theodoridou (Strange Horizons, Dec. 18, 2017)
- “Old Souls” by Fonda Lee (Where the Stars Rise: Asian Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™” by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex Magazine, Aug. 2017)
- “Clearly Lettered in a Mostly Steady Hand” by Fran Wilde (Uncanny Magazine, Sept.-Oct. 2017)
- “Carnival Nine” by Caroline Yoachim (Beneath Ceasless Skies, May 11, 2017)
- Winner: The New Voices of Fantasy, edited by Peter S. Beagle and Jacob Weisman (Tachyon Publications)
- Black Feathers: Dark Avian Tales, edited by Ellen Datlow (Pegasus Books)
- The Book of Swords, edited by Gardner Dozois (Bantam Books US/Harper Voyager UK)
- The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories, edited by Mahvesh Murad & Jared Shurin (Solaris)
- The Best of Subterranean edited by William Schafer (Subterranean Press)
- Winner: The Emerald Circus by Jane Yolen (Tachyon Publications)
- Wicked Wonders by Ellen Klages (Tachyon Publications)
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado (Graywolf Press)
- Down and Out in Purgatory: The Collected Stories of Tim Powers by Tim Powers (Baen Books)
- Tender by Sofia Samatar (Small Beer Press)
- Winner: Gregory Manchess
- Victo Ngai
- Omar Rayyan
- Rima Staines
- Fiona Staples
SPECIAL AWARD – PROFESSIONAL
- Winner: Harry Brockway, Patrick McGrath, and Danel Olson for Writing Madness (Centipede Press)
- C. C. Finlay, for F&SF editing
- Irene Gallo, for Art Direction at Tor Books and Tor.com
- Greg Ketter, for DreamHaven Books
- Leslie Klinger, for The New Annotated Frankenstein(Liveright Publishing Corp.)
SPECIAL AWARD – NON-PROFESSIONAL
- Winner: Justina Ireland and Troy L. Wiggins, for FIYAH: Magazine of Black Speculative Fiction
- Scott H. Andrews, for Beneath Ceaseless Skies: Literary Adventure Fantasy
- Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali and Jen R Albert, for PodCastle
- Ray B. Russell and Rosalie Parker, for Tartarus Press
- Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas, for Uncanny Magazine
LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Charles de Lint
- Elizabeth Wollheim