La Horror Writers Association (HWA) ha annunciato i vincitori dei Bram Stoker Awards per l’horror e il dark fantasy. Qui sotto l’elenco completo.
Superior Achievement in a Novel
Winner: Stephen Graham Jones – My Heart is a Chainsaw (Gallery/Saga Press)
- Castro, V. – The Queen of the Cicadas (Flame Tree Press)
- Hendrix, Grady – The Final Girl Support Group (Berkley)
- Pelayo, Cynthia – Children of Chicago (Agora Books)
- Wendig, Chuck – The Book of Accidents (Del Rey)
Superior Achievement in a First Novel
Winner: Hailey Piper – Queen of Teeth (Strangehouse Books)
- Martinez, S. Alessandro – Helminth (Omnium Gatherum)
- McQueen, LaTanya – When the Reckoning Comes (Harper Perennial)
- Miles, Terry – Rabbits (Del Rey)
- Quigley, Lisa – The Forest (Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing)
- Willson, Nicole – Tidepool (The Parliament House)
*Due to a tie in fifth place, there are six nominees in this category.
Superior Achievement in a Young Adult Novel
Winner: Erica Waters – The River Has Teeth (HarperTeen)
- Blake, Kendare – All These Bodies (Quill Tree Books)
- Boyle, R.L. – The Book of the Baku (Titan Books )
- Lewis, Jessica – Bad Witch Burning (Delacorte Press)
- Sutherland, Krystal – House of Hollow (G.P. Putnam’s Sons)
Superior Achievement in a Graphic Novel
- Ahmed, Saladin (author) and Kivelä, Sami (artist) – Abbott 1973 (BOOM! Studios)
- Garcia, Kami (author); Suayan, Mico (artist); Badower, Jason (artist); and Mayhew, Mike (artist) – Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity (DC Comics)
- Morrison, Grant (author); Child, Alex (author); and Franquiz, Naomi (artist) – Proctor Valley Road (BOOM! Studios)
- Panosian, Dan (author) and Ignazzi, Marianna (artist) – An Unkindness of Ravens(BOOM Studios)
Superior Achievement in Long Fiction
Winner: Jeff Strand – “Twentieth Anniversary Screening” (Slice and Dice) (Independently
- Castro, V. – Goddess of Filth (Creature Publishing, LLC)
- Khaw, Cassandra – Nothing But Blackened Teeth (Tor Nightfire)
- LaRocca, Eric – Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke (Weirdpunk Books)
- Piper, Hailey – “Recitation of the First Feeding” (Unfortunate Elements of My Anatomy) (The Seventh Terrace)
Superior Achievement in Short Fiction
Winner: Lee Murray – “Permanent Damage” (Attack From the ’80s) (Raw Dog Screaming
- Gyzander, Carol – “The Yellow Crown” (Under Twin Suns: Alternate Histories of the Yellow Sign) (Hippocampus Press)
- O’Quinn, Cindy – “A Gathering at the Mountain” (The Bad Book) (Bleeding Edge Books)
- Taborska, Anna -“Two Shakes Of A Dead Lamb’s Tail” (Terror Tales of the ScottishLowlands) (Telos Publishing)
- Ward, Kyla Lee – “A Whisper in the Death Pit” (Weirdbook #44) (Wildside Press)
Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection
Winner: Gemma Files – In That Endlessness, Our End (Grimscribe Press)
- Fracassi, Philip – Beneath a Pale Sky (Lethe Press)
- Maberry, Jonathan – Empty Graves: Tales of the Living Dead (WordFire Press LLC)
- Tuttle, Lisa – The Dead Hours of Night (Valancourt Books)
- Wise, A.C. – The Ghost Sequences (Undertow Publications)
Superior Achievement in a Screenplay
- Chaisson, C. Henry; Antosca, Nick; and Cooper, Scott – Antlers (Searchlight Pictures)
- Dong-hyuk, Hwang – Squid Game, Season 1, Episode 1: “Red Light, Green Light” (Siren Pictures)
- Graziadei, Phil and Janiak, Leigh – Fear Street: Part One – 1994 (Chernin Entertainment)
- Peele, Jordan; Rosenfeld, Win; and DaCosta, Nia – Candyman (Universal Pictures)
Superior Achievement in an Anthology
Winner: Ellen Datlow – When Things Get Dark: Stories Inspired by Shirley Jackson(Titan
- Chambers, James – Under Twin Suns: Alternate Histories of the Yellow Sign(Hippocampus Press)
- French, Aaron J. and Landry, Jess – There is No Death, There are No Dead (Crystal Lake Publishing)
- Guignard, Eric J. – Professor Charlatan Bardot’s Travel Anthology to the Most (Fictional) Haunted Buildings in the Weird, Wild World (Dark Moon Books)
- Johnson, Eugene – Attack From the 80’s (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
Superior Achievement in Non-Fiction
Winner: Michael Knost – Writers Workshop of Horror 2 (Hydra Publications)
- Olson, Danel – 9/11 Gothic: Decrypting Ghosts and Trauma in New York City’s Terrorism Novels (Lexington Books)
- Weinstock, Jeffrey Andrew and Hansen, Regina M. – Giving the Devil His Due: Satan and Cinema (Fordham University Press)
- Wetmore Jr., Kevin J. – Eaters of the Dead: Myths and Realities of Cannibal Monsters(Reaktion Books)
- Woofter, Kristopher – Shirley Jackson: A Companion (Peter Lang Publishing)
Superior Achievement in Short Non-Fiction
Winner: Angela Yuriko Smith – “Horror Writers: Architects of Hope” (The Sirens Call,
Halloween 2021, Issue 55) (Sirens Call Publications)
- Ognjanović, Dejan – “The Three Paradigms of Horror” (Vastarien Vol. 4, Issue 2) (Grimscribe Press)
- O’Quinn, Cindy – “One and Done” (Were Tales: A Shapeshifter Anthology) (Brigids Gate Press)
- Verona, Emily Ruth – “A Horror Fan’s Guide to Surviving Womanhood” (thefinalgirls.co.uk)
- Wetmore Jr., Kevin J. – Devil’s Advocates: The Conjuring (Auteur Publishing/Liverpool University Press)
Superior Achievement in a Poetry Collection
- Lansdale, Joe R. – Apache Witch and Other Poetic Observations (Independent Legions Publishing)
- McHugh, Jessica – Strange Nests (Apokrupha)
- Simon, Marge and Turzillo, Mary – Victims (Weasel Press)
- Snyder, Lucy A. – Exposed Nerves (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
The Horror Writers Association (HWA) announced this year’s Bram Stoker Awards® winners at its first in person ceremony since 2019 during StokerCon™ at Denver, Colorado’s Curtis Hotel. The full list is above.
I vincitori degli Shirley Jackson Awards 2019 sono stati annunciati il 12 luglio durante una cerimonia pre-registrata. Il video della cerimonia è disponibile sulla pagina ufficiale del Premio.
Qui di seguito, la lista dei premiati per categoria.
The Book of X, Sarah Rose Etter (Two Dollar Radio)
Ormeshadow, Priya Sharma (Tor.com)
Luminous Body, Brooke Warra (Dim Shores)
“Kali_Na,” Indrapramit Das (The Mythic Dream)
Song for the Unraveling of the World, Brian Evenson (Coffee House Press)
The Twisted Book of Shadows, edited by Christopher Golden & James A. Moore (Twisted Publishing)
The Shirley Jackson Awards 2019 were assigned last Sunday, 12th July, during a pre-recorded ceremony. The video is available on the official website. See above the winner’s list.
Nightmare Magazine è una delle più interessanti riviste digitale e on line dedicata all’horror e al weird.
Curata da John Joseph Adams, propone mensilmente quattro racconti di cui due inediti e due illustri ristampe.
Il numero di luglio (#82) presenta come racconti inediti Antripuu, di Simon Strantzas e No Other Life di Isabel Cañas.
Come sempre, i racconti saranno disponibili on line nei prossimi giorni, mentre l’intero numero è già acquistabile in formato digitale anche in Italia a questo link.
It is now available the new issue of Nigtmare Magazine, an horror and dark fantasy online magazine edited by John Joseph Adams. In this issue (#82), two original short stories, Antripuu, by Simon Strantzas and No Other Life by Isabel Cañas. The full issue can be purchased at this link.