La World Fantasy Award Administration ha annunciato le nominations del World Fantasy Award 2018.
I vincitori saranno premiati durante la World Fantasy Convention che si terrà dal 1 al 4 novembre a Baltimore, Maryland.
Qui sotto la lista completa delle nominations.
The World Fantasy Award Administration has announced the World Fantasy Award nominations for 2018.
The awards will be presented at the World Fantasy Convention, 1-4 November, in Baltimore, Maryland.
The full list of the nominations follows.
For 2018, the Life Achievement Award will be presented to:
- Charles de Lint
- Elizabeth Wollheim
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty (Harper Voyager)
- Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr by John Crowley (Saga Press)
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss (Saga Press)
- Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory (Bond Street Books CA/Knopf US/riverrun UK)
- The Changeling by Victor LaValle (Spiegel & Grau/Canongate Press UK)
- Jade City by Fonda Lee (Orbit)
LONG FICTION 10,000 to 40,000 words
- The Teardrop Method by Simon Avery (TTA Press)
- In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle (Tachyon Publications)
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones (Tor.com)
- Passing Strange by Ellen Klages (Tor.com)
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang (Tor.com)
SHORT FICTION under 10,000 words
- “Old Souls” by Fonda Lee (Where the Stars Rise: Asian Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™” by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex Magazine, Aug. 2017)
- “The Birding: A Fairy Tale” by Natalia Theodoridou (Strange Horizons, Dec. 18, 2017)
- “Clearly Lettered in a Mostly Steady Hand” by Fran Wilde (Uncanny Magazine, Sept.-Oct. 2017)
- “Carnival Nine” by Caroline Yoachim (Beneath Ceaseless Skies, May 11, 2017)
ANTHOLOGY multiple author original or reprint single or multiple editors
- The New Voices of Fantasy, edited by Peter S. Beagle and Jacob Weisman (Tachyon Publications)
- Black Feathers: Dark Avian Tales, edited by Ellen Datlow (Pegasus Books)
- The Book of Swords, edited by Gardner Dozois (Bantam Books US/Harper Voyager UK)
- The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories, edited by Mahvesh Murad & Jared Shurin (Solaris)
- The Best of Subterranean edited by William Schafer (Subterranean Press)
COLLECTION single author/team original or reprint single or multiple editors
- Wicked Wonders by Ellen Klages (Tachyon Publications)
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado (Graywolf Press/Serpent’s Tail UK)
- Down and Out in Purgatory: The Collected Stories of Tim Powers by Tim Powers (Baen Books)
- Tender: Stories by Sofia Samatar (Small Beer Press)
- The Emerald Circus by Jane Yolen (Tachyon Publications)
- Gregory Manchess
- Victo Ngai
- Omar Rayyan
- Rima Staines
- Fiona Staples
SPECIAL AWARD PROFESSIONAL
- Harry Brockway, Patrick McGrath, and Danel Olson for Writing Madness(Centipede Press)
- C.C. Finlay, for F&SF editing
- Irene Gallo, for Art Direction at Tor Books and Tor.com
- Greg Ketter, for DreamHaven Books
- Leslie Klinger, for The New Annotated Frankenstein (Liveright Publishing Corp.)
SPECIAL AWARD NON-PROFESSIONAL
- Scott H. Andrews, for Beneath Ceaseless Skies: Literary Adventure Fantasy
- Justina Ireland and Troy L. Wiggins, for FIYAH: Magazine of Black Speculative Fiction.
- Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali and Jen R Albert, for PodCastle.
- Ray B. Russell and Rosalie Parker, for Tartarus Press
- Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas, for Uncanny Magazine
David Davis ha pubblicato su Weird Fiction Review la lista delle più interessanti pubblicazioni di letteratura weird del 2015.
Grandissima la scelta per gli appassionati, da Secret Rendezvous di Kobo Abe, a Songs of a Dead Dreamer e Grimscribe di Thomas Ligotti, Perchance to Dream di Charles Beaumont, e molti molti altri da scoprire o riscoprire grazie all’ottimo lavoro di riassunto di Davis.
David Davis published, a few days ago, his traditional list of the Weird literature’s volumes published in 2015, on Weird Fiction Review.
The list is really interesting, from Secret Rendezvous by Kobo Abe, to Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti, Perchance to Dream by Charles Beaumont, and much more.
È ufficiale: Edizioni Hypnos è ora partner della Horror Writer Association Italy: la nostra Casa Editrice entra a far par della lista degli Editori italiani supportano la recentemente creata sezione italiana della celebre HWA.
Il volume Nuovi Incubi, edizione italiana dell’Year’s Weird Best Fiction vol.1, sarà quindi inserito, in versione digitale, nel Gift Pack di quest’anno, offerto agli Associati HWAItaly: una perfetta occasione per scoprire gli Autori del Modern Weird, come Michael Blumlein, Kristi DeMeester, Jeffrey Ford, John R. Fultz, Richard Gavin, Maria Dahvana Headley, John Langan, Livia Llewellyn, Moreno Pavanello, W.H. Pugmire, Joseph S. Pulver Sr., Chen Qiufan, Anne-Sylvie Salzman, Sofia Samatar, Simon Strantzas, Anna Taborska, Jeffrey Thomas, Karin Tidbeck, Paul Tremblay, Jeff VanderMeer, Damien Angelica Walters, A.C. Wise.
Edizioni Hypnos is now partner of The Horror Writer Association Italy, being one of the Italian Publishers supporting this newly created branch of the HWA.
The HWA Italy members will find then the digital edition of Nuovi Incubi italian translation of Year’s Best Weird Fiction vol.1, in the annual Gift Pack: a great opportunity to discover the best weird short stories by Authors like Michael Blumlein, Kristi DeMeester, Jeffrey Ford, John R. Fultz, Richard Gavin, Maria Dahvana Headley, John Langan, Livia Llewellyn, Moreno Pavanello, W.H. Pugmire, Joseph S. Pulver Sr., Chen Qiufan, Anne-Sylvie Salzman, Sofia Samatar, Simon Strantzas, Anna Taborska, Jeffrey Thomas, Karin Tidbeck, Paul Tremblay, Jeff VanderMeer, Damien Angelica Walters, A.C. Wise.